Read CBRE’s Bahrain Market Review Q4 2021, which provides our latest macroeconomic and real estate market overview and outlook, covering the Kingdom of Bahrain’s offices, residential, hospitality and retail sectors
Key takeaways from the report include:
- According to Survey & Land Registration Bureau (SLRB) data, the value of Bahrain’s real estate transactions rose by 46% year-on year in 2021 to BHD1bn ($2.8bn).
- Prime commercial office rents remained stable, whereas average Grade A & B commercial office rents fell by 4.5% YoY in 2021.
- The decline in quoted sales prices for freehold residential apartments slowed in 2021, to 0.2%, down from 1.6% in 2020.
- In the year-to-date to December 2021, the average hotel occupancy rate rose 14.3 percentage points, the average ADR increased 0.7% and we have seen the average RevPAR increase by 50.6%.
- Average retail occupancy fell an additional 0.8% YoY in Q4 2021, within the super-regional and regional mall set surveyed.